23/08/2011

The ancient Chinese poem mix with contemporary Chinese music


The portrait illustrates a great politician and poet, su shi. His wife died when she was young.

He composed a poem “jiang cheng zi” for her.

Using my poor translating skills, the meanings are as follows:

It has been ten years since your death. There is a line between us separate us apart into dead and alive.

No need to think about your death for me, because I have been upset always since the moment you pass away on.

Your tomb is far away more than thousand of miles, it is lonely and no one can listen to your sorrow.

Might be, you are in your another life in this world. Thus we cannot recognize each other even if we pass by each other.

Dust on my face. Snow rest on my cheek.

A night, in my dream, suddenly I go back to our hometown.

A small window with slight light, I see you are dressing up.

My sight is on you, so do you. But we do not know what to say right now. We just cry, let tears gather like a river flowing on our face.

After dream, I predict the venue where make I miss you that makes me feel sorrowing.

No matter where, if there is night with light moon and shadow of trees, it will make me to staty missing you.


The poem looks like that it is composed by pessimism poet. You are wrong! This poet is famous of his optimistic style poets. Here is a poem that is used to mix with current Chinese music.

“shui diao ge tou”


When is there a light moon?

Hold a cup of wine to ask the sky.

Don’t know what the date is for the palaces above the sky.

I will ride the wind to visit, but I am afraid of the great palace made of jade is too high that make me feel freezing.
Start to dance with my shadow, our world cannot match with!

Moon light circulate to the other side of building. In meanwhile, lighten at low place sometimes and lighten at high sometimes. It makes people cannot sleep due to moon light.

No need to have hate but why moon always be around when people should say goodbye?

People have sadness, happiness, being apart and being togather, moon has being cloudy, being light, being around and crescent, it is hard to solve since ancient time.

But we should wish that we keep healthy, because, if like so, no matter where you are, we could share appreciating a same moon.
 Nowadays, the poem has been composed as a song. The song was sung by Faye Wong, who is a leading Chinese singer. Please enjoy the video.

The song is regarded publicly as the best song to mix with ancient Chinese poem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment